Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve

I started tamale Christmas Eve several years ago with my family and it is now one of our favorite traditions. My parents and Ryan's parents  come over and we eat tamales and all the fixings and lots of Christmas candy. This year thanks to the help of my sweet HP friends I actually made the tamales! My family said they were the best we have ever had. 

Our tamale spread. Tamales, Taquitos, rice, chips, cheese dip, guacamole, and salsa.
Our candy spread. I told you we went candy crazy this year.
Our group is patiently waiting to eat.

This little boy loves Chris and Liz. He is going to have to share the attention next year with our sweet Lilly. I can't wait!!!!
After we ate it was time for reindeer food. Yes, my kid is in shorts in the background...only in Texas!


Liz had never put out reindeer food so tonight was a first for her.
I just love our Liz. She is a great addition to our family and always loves to have fun. She makes our Chris happy and that warms my sweet aunty heart! 
Chris, Liz, Logan,Meme, and I painted ornaments. It was really fun even when Logan started painting himself.



Braden cut off Chris' head! 
The boys got to open one present tonight and it was Christmas Jammie's, The Night Before Christmas book, and the Nativity story.
Trent and Logan in their pajamas. Corbin and Braden went to midnight mass with Grandpa  and Grandma so their pajama pic will have to be in the morning.
My parents gave the boys the book and it has them recorded reading the book to the boys. It is one of my favorite possessions. I wish I had a book with my grandparents voices reading to me. My boys are blessed to have such loving and thoughtful grandparents.

My oldest loves the book just as much as my youngest!
My parents loved watching Logan get excited about the book.
We shared the nativity story next and everyone got a box to open and add to the nativity as I read the story. I love this part of our tradition because it teaches Logan about the true meaning of Christmas.

Braden thought an upside down photo would be cute! 



We were losing Daddy quickly by this point so we wrapped things up.
We left out cookies and Dr. Pepper for Santa (he likes Dr. Pepper at our house..I promise). We said our prayers, counted our sheep, and waited for the big man to arrive!
Merry Christmas from our home to yours...love, the Foster's.
































No comments: