Friday, May 15, 2015

Anniversary 2015

     Today is our anniversary. Ryan and I have been married for 16 years. I met Ryan in 5th grade at the skating rink. We shared a pickle and he was my "boyfriend" for most of 5th grade. We became best friends. We talked on the phone, we hung out, we even went on double dates!!! One day in 1990 everything changed. Ryan and I finally realized we had become more than just best friends and we began dating. 1990...that's 25 years that there has been a "Casey and Ryan"! I've been with Ryan for over half my life. We spent a few years apart during college...we realized quickly we make bad decisions apart...we are great together.
    Ryan and I began dating again shortly after his father died. We knew quickly we never wanted to be apart again! He proposed in a very romantic way and we were married May 15, 1999. 
     I love this man more and more everyday. He works so hard for his family and never complains. He put me through college and helped me realize my dream of becoming a teacher. We blended our boys and added to our family. He loved Corbin from the start and was so proud when he adopted him. He held me and cried with me when we lost our angel baby. He held my hand and rubbed my back and grinned from ear to ear as we brought our boys into this world. He melts me when I see him with our boys. He is an amazing father and husband and I'm so lucky he is mine. 
     We have weathered losing loved ones, raising a child with a disability, co-parenting with Braden's mom, building a house, job changes, and just raising 4 boys!!!! I can't imagine doing this with anyone else. He completes me. I am so in love with this man and so proud to be his wife. 
   Everyone has a love story but ours is my favorite.  Happy Anniversary Ryan!!! 

No comments: