Sunday, July 5, 2015

Corbin is 18!

My baby is eighteen today! How did it happen so fast? Eighteen years flew by. I know you hear people say that all the time but it really is true that time goes by to quickly. It feels like yesterday that he was born. I can still remember how he felt in my arms, and how he smelled so sweet. I will never forget the moment I heard him cry...the room was silent and then the sweetest cry I have ever heard. They placed him in my arms and I looked at that sweet angel and life was never the same again. This week I have been so emotional about this birthday. Eighteen is big! He is now a legal adult, he must register for the draft, and he can now legally vote. He will be leaving our home for college in just a months time and I know he will be coming home for holidays and summers but it will never be the same as it is at this moment in time. I am not ready to let go, but he is ready for the world. No matter where he goes in this life he will always be my baby. I treasure every single moment of his past, I am clinging to every precious second of his present, and I look forward to seeing what his future holds in store for him. One of my favorite books I read to him as a child had a saying that speaks to all mothers...I love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be. I thank God every day for choosing me to be this young mans mother. Happy Birthday my son. I love you more than you will ever know. My cup runneth over.



No comments: