Saturday, October 17, 2015

Heartbroken

Today was Race for the Cure. I usually walk every year in memory of our sweet cousin Amy Foster. We lost our Amy almost 16 years ago from breast cancer. Amy was 1 of 3 fabulous Foster sisters and I miss her very much, but love writing her name on paper and attaching it to my shirt every year. Her life touched so many people. 

I did not get to walk today in memory of Amy, instead Amy welcomed her sister Chanda into heaven last night. Our hearts are broken. Chanda was in a car accident a few weeks ago and we thought she was recovering but God had a different plan and took her home with him instead. She leaves behind a family who is shocked and heartbroken.

I met Amy, Chanda, and Jackie when I started dating Ryan in high school. Ryan always talked about his cousins and how much fun they were and he was right. We all clicked right away and were so close. We watched each other get married and shared in the joy of bringing our sweet babies into this world. We loved getting together and talking about old memories and watching our kids play together and make new memories. 

As a parent my heart is breaking for Uncle Jack and Aunt Mandie. I can't imagine having to bury one of your children and now they are burying their second. The only thing that warms my heart in this whole situation is knowing Amy was there to greet her. 

It's hard to put into words how wonderful Chanda was. She lit up a room when she was in it. She gave the best, tightest hugs and loved with her whole heart. We had fun no matter what we were doing. Whenever we were together I ALWAYS laughed until I cried. Chanda, Jackie, and Ryan were like the 3 musketeers and when I came along they accepted and loved me too. I am sad and will forever miss talking and laughing with Chanda. I'm sad we will never be little, old grandmas together. I'm sad her journey on earth is over.

Life is so short and no one is promised tomorrow. Death is always hard but especially when you didn't see it coming. Hold your loved ones a little tighter tonight and say an extra "I love you". I know that's what I have been doing since last night. 

I love you and will miss you Chanda. 
Please keep our family in your prayers. We are heartbroken.

No comments: