Monday, May 16, 2016

Sick Day

TISD had a bad weather day scheduled for today, so Trent and I were out of school. Ryan was off work today and Corbin is out of college. Logan did have school today.

I got up early and made his favorite...cinnamon rolls. I drove him to school and kissed him goodbye. I promised we would play at the park and I would have a great after school snack ready for him.

I got a call at around 10 am from his school nurse saying he was complaining of an upset stomach. She said she had walked with him and read books and let him lay down but he said it still hurts and he needed to go home. I started laughing and explained that I was home today. She realized quickly he was faking. I told her I would come pick him up. When I got there he said, "sorry mommy, I'm really sick. It's a good thing your at home to take care of me!"

When we got in the car he asked can we go to the park! I said no, your sick. I explained that when your sick you go home and lay on the couch with a blanket. He said okay I'll lay down with you...be still my heart! 

I'd like to say my kiddos have never tried this before but I'd be lying. Logan Foster completely pulled a fake sick day today. I don't blame him, it's hard to be at school when your whole world is at home having fun without you. 

My sick baby. Cookies help a sick tummy. Dr. Logan said so!


 
 

No comments: