Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Corbin is 19

Nineteen years ago I gave birth to a 6 lb. 1 oz. beautiful baby. That sweet baby is 19 today! I cannot believe it went by so fast. I look at him and my little boy is gone. I see a man. My baby is a man! 

Corbin has been gone all summer working for Pine Cove Ministry. He has traveled from city to city spreading Gods word to young children. He was supposed to be home for his birthday but they asked him to stay an extra week. I am very proud of the work he is doing and that he is loving his job, but I'm sad to be apart on his birthday. This is the first time we have ever been apart on his birthday. 

I realize he is an adult and this is just the first of many birthdays I may not be with him to celebrate. I just want to state for the record...adulting sucks sometimes! I miss my son. I miss him like crazy. 

I am so proud of the man he is becoming. I am proud of how he shares his love for God with others. He is touching lives. He turned my world upside down and all around nineteen years ago and I am forever thankful he is mine. 

Happy Birthday Corbin Kell Foster. I love you more than you will ever know! 

His host family made his morning special. The family was nice enough to send me this picture because Corbin is not allowed to use his phone during the week. This picture made my morning. Our God is an awesome God. He knew I needed to see my baby today and he made it happen. 


 

No comments: