Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vacation Day 4

Today is our last day of vacation. We checked out of our hotel this morning. We loved the Menger Hotel and will definitely stay here again. We didn't see any ghosts but we did find a few spooky spots in the hotel.

I'm a history nerd so this hotel was perfect for me. The Menger hotel was built as a two story 50 room hotel only 23 years after the fall of the Alamo. It has grown over the last 150 years but has never closed its doors. 
The beautiful front doors.
The relaxing courtyard with rocking chairs. The perfect place to eat mango ice cream...or at least I thought so.
One of the many ghosts of the Menger Hotel is Sallie. She was a maid at the hotel and was killed by her husband, she died 3 days later. The hotel paid for her burial and the receipt was on display in the lobby. They say you can see Sallie walking the halls carrying fresh towels to a guest room. We looked and looked and never saw Sallie.
We went to the El Mercado market.
Logan has fun wherever he is. This kid cracks me up. He loves life and makes every day fun. I strive to make each day as exciting as Logan does. He wakes up with a smile and when his feet hit the floor its watch out world I'm up!
We ate at Mi Tierra. 
Logan loved the men playing music at the tables.
We had to try some Mexican hot chocolate.
We made a pit stop at Buc-ees. 

The sweetest thing that happened today was my sweetheart took me to Magnolia!  My boys were not as excited as me but thankfully my husband realizes that with all these boys I need some girlie fun sometimes.
I'm home

The boys went outside while I shopped. They had swings and lots of yard games. Logan made a friend quickly and had a blast. The older boys found a picnic table with misters...it was really hot. 
The silos
My family
We had to try the bakery

Ryan had the shiplap cupcake
I had the nuts and bolts.
Corbin had the espresso, Trent had chocolate, and Braden and Logan had cookies. The cupcakes were good but the icing was great.

The boys got bottled water and I decided to be daring and got elderflower lemonade. The lemonade was NASTY...sorry Joanna Gaines I tried to be hip and cool but this was not for me. Logan tried it and said, "yuck, why the heck did you want to drink flowers mom"!
Bye Magnolia until next time. We didn't see Chip and Joanna but I slipped away with a few goodies and a #shiplap t-shirt.
Logan is following his big brother Corbin. I hope my boys will always look out for each other. 
This has been a great vacation. We needed some time with our boys away from the day to day grind. 

We may fuss and fight but we are family. I am so thankful for these last few days with my little family. My children are growing and changing and it is getting harder to find time that we all can be together at the same time. 

I am thankful for the time together and the memories. 
We are blessed!

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments: